Comic Con and Supernatural are two things I actively avoid, but apparently my news app (ironically called ‘SmartNews’) is having a funny turn today.
Just reading this article gave me a headache. Castiel is dead but not dead dead. Mary is gone but not gone gone. Dead Bobby is dead dead but might come back anyway. Sam and Dean won’t agree on something or other. Crowley is definitely gone (LOOOOOOLLLLLLL at the article and the comments).
The show is dead in the water but not truly dead in the water.
Somehow they managed to pay Kansas enough money to perform, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
To conclude, nothing has changed and if you value your time, avoid the show. If you’re someone who has time to waste or problems letting go of fictional characters and/or poor judgement, by all means continue.
On a different note, how is that Jared and Jensen can get private jets to conventions but no producing credits on their own show (correct me if I’m wrong)? After twelve seasons? For shame. Even if they’ve given up on their careers, can they at least be smart about it. Even Tom Welling had a producing credit on two different shows.
There’s also a new spin off called Wayward Sisters. Uh… did someone forget to tell the producers that their audience is a bunch of misogynistic females who are mostly old enough to know better? It will die after one episode. Unless they add in two male characters and called it Wayward Sons. In fact, Wayward Sisters just screams patronising female stereotypes anyway, so the fans might love it after all. It’ll still die after one episode.
Anyway, I’m off to go back to pretending that this trash box, repugnant, abhorrent, tasteless, stale, boring, out of date mess of a TV show doesn’t exist.
Wait, there’s more.
Originally, I wrote this (below) up as another post and never published it because who gives a shit? Anyway, here’s a good a place as any to put it.
13 Thoughts On #SPN13
So, I got into a discussion with a fan on Twitter recently. It’s been so long that I was amazed I wasn’t being called names or yelled at for having an opinion.
She wanted to know why Jared and Jensen (of Supernatural ‘fame‘) didn’t make it onto some HotHands thing on Ellen, and I replied and said that ‘it’s not 2010 anymore‘.
I’m a shady bitch, but you already know this.
She tried to say that SPN was popular and one of the top sci-fi shows (before clarifying that it was a top show on the CW lmaooOooooo). One of her points was that it had a confirmed season 13.
1. Season 13 will make it what, eight seasons of bad writing and material?
2. The show should have ended after season 5. Everybody knows this, but they’re all in denial.
3. The show might be the most popular sci-fi show on a network that’s only alive because it heavily relies on pre-existing concepts for most of its shows, but newsflash, it’s still largely ignored by the mainstream media. For good reason. Being a top show on the CW isn’t all that. It doesn’t even get that much of a buzz as shows on other networks. Trust me. I hear more about shows that I’ve never watched than I do Supernatural.
4. It’s ignored because it was never really groundbreaking TV. Look, I was someone who credited the show with good writing etc, but it was just that. Good. It wasn’t spectacular or amazing. It was good for three or maybe two seasons. Or maybe one. If Sam and Dean were ugly, the show would have lasted one episode.
5. Jared and Jensen aren’t that hot anymore. It’s life, man. It happens. They should be grateful that they were considered hot once upon a time by non-fans. Plus I’m a firm believer of beauty being within. Lol.
6. Stop begging TV show hosts to give the cast attention. See #3 & 4. Just like the fucking show. Is that so hard? You get 23 more shitty episodes. Let’s contain everything within that so the rest of us don’t have to deal with any crazy.
7. All of y’all have been complaining about 12. So excuse me for not buying that season 13 is an achievement somehow. It’s a sign that no one is ready to move on.
8. Why are fans so defensive? I’m not the TV police. My opinion means zero, really. If you like something, like it. You can’t have an objective conversation with these people. Nor can they take a joke.
9. Uh. I’ve run out of points.
10. If season 14 happens, I’m going to literally eat a sock. Scratch the literally. But I will eat a sock.
11. Still waiting on my Backstreet Boys themed episode. Even that would be better than putting Scooby-Doo through such torment.
12. See 9.
13. The show still sucks.