It pains me to do this, but I am an equal opportunity bitch, so. Last week I saw these tweets from a film critic about Tom on ONTD. Read from bottom to top.
Now, you guys know that I am a Tom Hardy fan. I wouldn’t call myself an obsessive fan or anything like that but I was at one point until I realised that he was kind of…douchey. And this was before he made it ‘big’, if you like. For what it’s worth, I think he’s great with fans and whatnot but apart from that, there were too many things that just made me decide to focus on his acting and leave it at that. I had renewed interest in him after Mad Max and the Legend promos but his annoying rant about that quesion at TIFF really annoyed me and reminded me why I just stick to watching his shit and then keep it moving.
His response to those tweets is a prime example of why.
Thankyou for your email offering to retract your misdirected anger. I apologise for any part of you having to wait for an interview and then not get one. The truth is we (as I was paired for all interviews that day) were unaware that ANYBODY was waiting. Or even went without a TV interview. Someone somewhere must have thought putting it on me was a lot easier than losing their journalist relations for the ongoing junkets and multiple movies that are pending. I wish I would have napped to be honest.
One note to make is that per Fox, they said they “never actually told (you) that the interview was cancelled, simply that they were running behind schedule.” They also said that “Drew chose not to wait and left. Had he stayed, he would have gotten his interview as planned.”
Fuck.. Plot thickens … Who knows what to trust my friend, but I do know the cancellation was definitely not made by myself.
Resisting the urge to dare you to say what you “rant tweeted” so publicly, to my face next time we meet, which I doubt you have the balls to do; I want to apologise regardless on behalf of those that misled the both of us. That isn’t cool. At all. Neither were your tweets. But that’s by the by.
I appreciate your apology of sorts in your emails to and fro which I am happy to openly post. Also as I hope you understand now and which you’ve made very clear in our emails back and forth, your legitimate frustration lies with those who organised the junket; who fed you and I misinformation; not me.
Again apologies for the clusterfk. And it’s knock on effect to your personal life. I appreciate it is a busy time of year for you and your time shouldn’t have been wasted. I never had any intention of causing you any inconveniences at all.
Best regards and thanks for calling me an asshole a lot
Unintentional hilarity aside…
- Surely he had better things to be doing? I find it hard to understand why he took time out of his day to address a non-issue? The tweets were kind of funny but weren’t exactly making the rounds anywhere. I have a Google Alert for Tom (don’t judge me, lol) and one article was about the tweets – the rest were about The Revenant.
- He’s currently up for a ton of awards yet he seems really bothered by someone calling him an asshole – despite the fact that he’s readily admitted to being on several times.
- ‘Say it to my face’? Really? He wasn’t resisting anything, just saying it in a passive-aggressive way. And the subtle threat to release the emails…after supposedly going back and forth and clarifying everything.
- He starts off by thanking Drew for the email and apology. Any reasonable person would reply in kind and stop themselves after that. After an apology what else is there to be said? Nothing! But he seems to accept the frustration but want to fight at the same time. LOL. What a mess.
- The press/junkets are annoying but no one gets a pass from being an asshole at/towards them. Especially when they’re [journalists] the people writing good reviews etc. Gotta have some humility, bruh.
I’mma let Tyra do the rest of the talking.
I like that he wrote a letter though. How quaint.
UPDATE: Apparently Tom never emailed Drew *dramatic music*
Lol, well shit. Over to you Tom. I’m gonna go and follow Drew on Twitter because he’s messy as fuck and I’m here for it. /popcorn.gif
Update 2: Interesting and decent article by Drew here which explains everything. I’m dying at Tom taking naps during press junkets lol. They are pointless and tiring sure and one can’t begrudge him a nap but it is awful if people are genuinely waiting. Sigh.