Let me tell you about my day.

Or well, let me bitch about my day, because we all know that’s the only reason why I’d be talking about my day. I have an entire blog dedicated to a show that I kind of hate – my life is clearly not that exciting.

My alarm went off at 5.30am. That was already a bad start to the day.

I left home at 6.45am and got on my first train twenty minutes later. I get this train so I can get another train. Yay me. Anyway, the train fucked up hour after that and I was left waiting in the freezing cold only to be told that the trains would be basically out of service for a while. So I was directed to a packed single decker bus. And I had to get that bus to get another bus. The second bus came after what felt like ten years and it was packed. So was the next one. And the next one. And that one after that. There might have been another one but I’d lost patience by that point. Despite the fact that I’d been on the first train for almost an hour, I decided to bus it back home (obviously the cold had gotten to my brain). I had no internet on my phone so I actually had to read the shit written at the bus stop. I spotted a few stops on one bus’ timetable that sounded familiar so I decided to take a chance and unwittingly got onto the bus.

Time kind of flew by. I jammed to my music. I did some writing on my phone. I had a snack. I refrained from maiming myself when a whole bunch of schoolkids under the age of eight got one (and then off). By the time I finally knew where I was, I’d been on the bus for one and half hours.  ONE AND A HALF HOURS!!! I got off when I heard a station that sounded familiar on the voice announcement system. I went into that station but something seemed off and I realised it was the wrong station. I saw a overheard bridge and I was like RIGHT TRAIN STATION MUST BE THAT WAY!

It wasn’t.

After walking for a few minutes I decided to consult the map at the bus stop by the wrong station. It turned out that I was on the wrong street so I walked to the right street. It was that simple, I told myself, because I’m really an idiot.

I couldn’t find the station, and it was awful because it would only take me 15 mins to get closer to home if  I got that train. So after consulting yet another map at yet another bus stop, there was a glimmer of hope. I might not have found the train station but I could get another bus!!!!


So I got on a bus that I recognized. As the bus pulled away, I saw that the right station was literally a few meters away. It was seriously RIGHT THERE. The bus I was on would take three times as long as the train. WHY DIDN’T I JUST FOLLOW THE MAP LIKE I DID WHEN I WAS AT THE WRONG STATION! I glared outside the window in annoyance and then I decided to write this post because I needed to kill the time somehow.

Eventually, I reached the station where I started my journey at 11.45. I spent five hours navigating public transport. FIVE.

On my travels, I saw a bunch of Do Not Feed The Pigeons signs and I can only assume that it wasn’t meant to be my day. The pigeons knew that I was talking smack about them, so they conspired against me. I bet the “signal failure” with train number one was caused by a pigeon. Either way, not only had I travelled all across the damn city, I now had to fear these invisible pigeons that I wasn’t supposed to be feeding.

And now I have to write a passive aggressively polite email asking for all of my damn money back. Sigh. I’d rather watch Jared pull faces for five hours than deal with this shit.

I hope everyone had a better day than I did 🙂

2 thoughts on “Let me tell you about my day.

  1. Oh lord, what a nightmare. I’m sorry you had to go through all that. Sounds like what happened to my dad some years back when he was doing some work in Texas. He had to take a certain flight, and then get a connecting flight, and if I’m remembering this right the connecting flight took off without him… and it just got worse from there. He didn’t get any sleep at all and got back here around 6am. I think it was something like 10 or 12 hours he was awake. And he went into work the next day!! I was like “… how???” LOL

    My day’s not much better. Been sick since Sunday with what seemed to be a sinus infection. On Tuesday I saw a physician’s assistant at a specialist’s office who rushed me in and out & basically told me it was just bad allergies. She gave me cortisone pills to take care of the congestion. I told her I was wheezing & she didn’t even listen to my chest, just thought the pills would take care of that too. It got worse yesterday and I think it’s bronchitis now. I called my pulmonologist’s office, told them the story & they said the doctor would call me back when he got in. That was this morning. It’s dinnertime now and no call yet. They did say he’d call after hours, so fingers crossed. This sort of thing just concerns me with my asthma & all. The cortisone has helped a bit but I’ve bronchitis before and all the symptoms are there.


    1. Thanks! Fortunately it wasn’t the first time, though I usually have my internet to help me out of those situations but I don’t see any point in buying any at the moment. Perhaps I should revise that opinion haha. Aw, your poor Dad! LOL! We are a strange species. 🙂

      Yikes. I’m sorry that your sick 😦 I hope that it isn’t bronchitis! Though now that it’s getting colder and germs are all about that can’t help either. A pulmonologist, aha. I don’t know why it’s surprising to me that that’s a profession considering my degree but I always am when I hear about these specialist areas. Probably because I’ve had becomeageneralpractionerbecomeageneralpractioner hammered into my head for as long as I can remember. Anyway, I hope that he called back and that you’ve at least made some headway! *hugs*



Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s