Technically, this is two episodes but I watched them together so they’re paired together forever, k? Good.
6.21-22: Let It Bleed & The Man Who Knew Too Much
The last two episodes of a season is generally when the Supernatural writers decide what the plot of the entire season will be. So smart people won’t waste time hashing it out until then. Even smarter people will have their brains weave some sort of perfect explanation as to how every links up
even if it doesn’t.
People like me will just bitch and bitch. Because we
‘re awesome can.
Let’s start with Let It Bleed shall we:
- Long story short, despite the TEDIOUSLY, EXCRUCIATING MONTAGE we had to endure in 6×14 that signalled the end of Lisa and Ben…they’re back.
- Lisa has some swanky new boyfriend, and still no actual sign of income. But new boyfriend is a doctor. Yeah. I’m saying nothing.
Dean really must have been the one.
- So the some demons bust in and start demonizing and kill the boyfriend (OH, WELL) and Ben’s all like, “SHIT, LET ME JUST CALL DEAN”. Dean tells him to jump out of the window. Hmm, possible breakage of everybone in my body when the demons could get to me anyway regardless of whether or not I jump or just, letting them take me. Yeah I’d pick the latter too (technically he’s not fast enough or whatever but I like my reasoning better.
- Crowley picks up the phone as Dean’s talking and says he won’t kill them if Sam (oh, remember him?) and Dean don’t back the fuck off.
As much as I’m not a Dean girl and thus didn’t care that Lisa was stealing mah man (or whatever), CROWLEY, DUDE. Kill them now anyway and save us all from this monstrosity! No? Damn.
- Anywho Dean finds out from some angel or other where they are and basically transforms into Liam Neeson. Yes. He gets the knife and and slashes and kills his way in there and it reminds me of Taken. So yeah Dean kills things and nobody really cares but him.
- Meanwhile, Sam is conveniently knocked out and locked in room. I dare the writers to be more obvious.
- Lisa gets possessed by a demon and stabs herself and STILL DOESN’T DIE. SHE’S A FEMALE CHARACTER AND IS STILL ALIVE. What the fuck is going on here?
- But in the end they get the demon out, and remember that Sam actually exists and they got to hospital and then…Dean has Cas REMOVE their memories of him. BOOOOOOOOOORING. NEXT!
- Somewhere in the midst of this episode Cas and Crowley have the same conversation like three times and I don’t remember or care about what was said. They’re both after purgatory blah blah blah.
What I thought of it:
Next up was The Man Who Knew Too Much and seriously can there never be two episodes right after one another. These two shitfests gave me a major headache!
- This episode starts with Sam running from the cops like some madman with ants in his underwear. Everyone is confused. He eventually goes into some closed bar, we’re still confused. The bartender lady says some things and Sam’s all like, “I can’t remember who I am”. CONFUSION. Apparently this was Supernatural does The Bourne Identity. Please, leave Matt Damon out of this!
- I watched this episode recently for some reason but can’t remember what happens next. More of Sam not remembering. But then he remembers some shit after seeing a book somewhere and it’s something Dean said. It’s all so dull that I just stare at his hair and sigh a little.
- Eventually at some point he remembers his name (OH, WELL DONE SAM!) and remembers how Castiel drained that Professor of her blood (ZING!) and then knocked him out for count (DOUBLE ZING!)
- We cut to Sam in the panic room (boooooooooooring) with Dean looking over him (awwww). Lol but then this turns rather idiotic. While Coma!Sam is on the road Dean shines a torch into Real!Sam’s eye and Coma!Sam is all like blinded and shit. At again, at some point Coma!Sam smells whiskey or something. WHAAAAAAT.
- Anyway the bartender turns out to be some chick Sam shot, this would have been shocking if I actually GAVE A FUCK. But at this point, I don’t.
- Suddenly there are two Sam’s and, my god. PLOT. GOOD PLOT. But of course it’s crammed into this god awful episode. Soulless Sam talks and talks and talks and talks and eventually talks himself to death. The best part is when he shoots blindly into the air like he’s not trained and like he’s not to be some kickass hunter. Whatever.
- He disappears into some burst of white light that swarms its way into Sam and omg what. Anyway.
- Then we meet Hell!Sam, who…looks like someone threw tomatoes all over him and he’s the one who remembers hell, he’s not going to fight…so, what’s the point of this scene then? I WANT ACTION. Sam stabs him and *points and previous bullet point* that happens.
- Meanwhile Dean and Bobby have split and Dean leaves a note and gun BY SAM’S HEAD. Let’s hope the note doesn’t say “SHOOT” on it. That would be awkward.
They have managed to get ahold of Cas’ location so they drive there. They arrive. Get out of the car and hear some noise. Turns out to be a swarm of demons.
You could argue that maybe the car now has protective shit on/in it. You could. But I wont be listening to ya. For some stupid reason Dean’s all “GET IN THE CAR” and they do and the car is promptly overturned by demons.
Totally didnt see that one coming.
Eventually (I.e 30 seconds later) they get out of the car alive. Now somehow before this Cas has basically told Crowley to go fuck himself because he’s not letting him have any souls. So Crowley, naturally shacks up with Raphael, who…wants to start the apocalypse again and free Lucifer and…no, no no more explanation necessary – it made little sense.
When Dean and Bobby enter Cas, Crowley and Raphael are idk talking about god knows what. Dean tries to kill Crowley and is promptly flung across the room.
Cas is all MWUAHAHAHA I ATE ALL THE SOULS BITCHES and he bursts Raphael (I would care if this bursting thing hadn’t been used in the last season finale). Crowley splits. And Dean days something about attempting to undo the character assassination that’s just been inflicted on Cas but no, Cas is fine.
There’s a scene at some point of Sam staggering past the mashed up Impala. LOL WHAT. he’s having hell flashbacks so I know he did not drive a car like that. CAN HE FLY? Because I’m pretty sure he did not arrive there 20 minutes after Dean and Bobby did lol. Oh show.
But they apparently need Sam to be in this scene so he staggers in and stabs Cas. But it has nooo effect. Crap. Then Cas is all like “I’m God now, bow down bitches” and Sam, Dean and Bobby look GOBSMACKED. As if we couldn’t all already see this we’re treated to some delightful zoomed in shots of BOBBY, DEAN, SAM AND DUN DUN DUN CAS’ NOSTRILS!
Ew. I imagine that everyone was screaming “fuck you!” at their screens after that ending, unless you’re a Cas fan. They probably weeped.
What a steaming pile of shit this episode was.