Season 7, Time for a
ridiculously, stupid and embarassing wedding!
this was the best part of the episode. sadly my brain was too numb for the stupidity that i’d just watched to enjoy it.
reasons why it sucked
- becky. I am not a fan of becky, because they turned her into an awful character. also, as someone who has written fiction for fandom, that slyly mocks fandom it’s pretty easy to tell that the writers probably really do think fans act this way. And granted some of them do, but for fuck’s sake – while I have to side-eye and bitch about their behaviour, it doesn’t need to be transferred into a fucking script that for some ungodly reason made the cut.
- anyway, rant over. the episode starts off with like, sam sending dean a GET THE FUCK HERE RIGHT NOW text or something, I can’t remember but my version will be slightly better. And Dean goes and…Sam’s getting married to that trollop. (Becky isn’t ugly but the writers did everything they could to make a seem as though she was…so don’t yell at me).
- dean’s all wtf, but they get married blah blah and move to Delaware or somewhere.
- dean turns up with a waffle toaster. he DOES NOT turn up blasting a face full of buckshot. i’m already too horrified at this point to be disappointed.
- stuff happens. oh, dj qualls turns up and does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but make some Marmaduke reference did if I didn’t understand half of the people watching SPN didn’t either. yet, on twitter tweets were flying out about how great he was…yeah, grate at contributing nothing to the plot bar one scene that was just….well, i’ll get to it.
- more stuff happens.
- DEAN SUDDENLY DECIDES TO START WEARING A SWEATER VEST. MMMM. But it’s forever tainted by this fucking episode so I never want to fucking see it again. Thanks, Jensen.
- to cut a long story short, she’s using a love potion or something to keep Sam into believing that they’re ~in love.
- a crossroads demon is involved somehow
- they use the demon knife
- crowley shows up and explains why no more random demons no longer turn up to kill sam and dean randomly – this was the only part of the episode that made any sense
- sam gives becky this bullshit talk about…something and at this point i’m like SHE IS NOT AN UGLY DUCKLING OR ANYTHING. SHE IS NOT MENTALLY IMPAIRED. NORMAL PEOPLE HAVE INSECURITIES BUT THEY DON’T KIDNAP, DRUG AND MARRY SOMEONE JUST SO THEY CAN LOOK COOL AT THEIR FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL REUNION.
- oh, yeah – that’s her reason for marrying sam. *yawn* at one point she talks about how they haven’t consummated the marriage yet – but she wants to. Uh. That’s ethical. There’s also some offensiv
- there’s a sassy gay guy called “Guy” in this episode as well. A+
- becky manages to move sam on her own to some cabin in the middle of nowhere. amazing
- as illogical as the timeline I am weaving here – is it obvious that i a. don’t remember much and b. don’t actually give a fuck.
- the most creepiest part: dj qualls at the end starts eyeing up Becky and it was just like. THIS WOMAN HAS JUST BEEN SAVED FROM A CROSSROADS DEAL SHE MADE SO SHE CAN MARRY A MAN WHO DOESN’T LOVE HER JUST TO GET ONE OVER ON SOME ASSHOLES SHE WENT TO SCHOOL WITH AND IS THEREFORE CLEARLY MENTALLY UNSTABLE AND…you want to hook up with her? Yeah, not buying what you’re selling writers
I hope I never watch this episode again.